RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

The Home Server Show 183

Dave

It's up!

We are back with another edition of The Home Server Show. It’s episode 183 and this week we will be talking with Patrick Kennedy from servethehome.com. He goes over all the new options on the Intel Ivy Bridge platform. We also have some cloud news, follow up, and more. Enjoy.

You can also view this episode on the HSS YouTube channel. http://youtube.com/homeservershow

Some minor noise issues from Google+ and some annoying spikes on my audio but it was a fun show!

Windows 8 Release preview is scheduled for June while the RTM will stay on the October time frame in order to stay with their 3 year cycle. Wow, has it been three years since Win 7 was released, formally?

Thanks for the podcast again... The instant video to YouTube is nice as I missed the actual live recording but was able to watch it at 11pm later Wednesday night.

"What I use"

I have followed Paul Thorrott for several years now and I have always enjoyed his "What I use" section. I think it is a great idea if you guys can get this put together as it is interesting to see what others are using. Are there plans for some pics to go with the details on the page(s)?

"What I use"

I have followed Paul Thorrott for several years now and I have always enjoyed his "What I use" section. I think it is a great idea if you guys can get this put together as it is interesting to see what others are using. Are there plans for some pics to go with the details on the page(s)?

He has mentioned this "What I use" several times and I think he uses some program like Belarc to scan his system and generate a report.

Can someone give me a link to the putting skydrive on WHS 2011 post that Jim mentions in this podcast a few times? I must be blind!