RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
eagle63

Browser limitations of remote web access

eagle63

No it's not the thumbnails that are the problem - I can see those fine. It's when you click on a thumbnail. I was expecting that to show a larger version of the image... instead it downloads it.

jmwills

I don't think that is necessarily the browser but rather a design limitation. SharePoint has a feature for images where you can select any number of photos and have the opportunity to run those as a slideshow. So once again, WHS makes you go thru an extra step to so something relaltively simple.

eagle63

I don't think that is necessarily the browser but rather a design limitation. SharePoint has a feature for images where you can select any number of photos and have the opportunity to run those as a slideshow. So once again, WHS makes you go thru an extra step to so something relaltively simple.

Exactly. Sorry, I wasn't implying that this particular annoyance was a browser problem - I was assuming that's just the way they designed it. (and was holding out hope that maybe I was missing something obvious and there was a way to enlarge the photos for viewing)

So that being the case, I just can't see how I could use this to share family photos. Again, my parents don't want to download a bunch of photos - they want to view them. (I get that there's a slideshow feature, but that's not really the right answer either) As is usually the case, MS comes so close to building the perfect feature and then utterly misses on something obvious.