Jump to content
RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Electrical Bleed


mailman1988
 Share

Recommended Posts

Last night I was putzing around my Homebuild WHS. The unit was off, but power was connected. When ever I touched any metal I was getting zapped, tingled as I could feel the juice. Of course this disapated when I disconected the power cord, for the most part, there still was some residual tingle. I examined all the connections to drives, MB, fan's etc. I could not see any bare wires or problems. Where should I be looking?

Power Supply issue?

Could this be coming in via the ground wire, although I have it plugged into a UPS.

Thanks

Edited by mailman1988
Link to comment
Share on other sites

your GFI or UPS or PSU . one of them isnt grounded.

 

if you were to ground the case the next time you touch it you wont feel it. (This is not the fix just a TEST)

 

find the real ground fualt :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Go to Lowes, Home Depot, or whatever and get an el' cheepo' multimeter and start testing to find the source of the voltage on your case.

 

What exactly do you mean that you disconnected the power cord and you still felt a tingle?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Go to Lowes, Home Depot, or whatever and get an el' cheepo' multimeter and start testing to find the source of the voltage on your case.

 

What exactly do you mean that you disconnected the power cord and you still felt a tingle?

 

Maybe it is just him. With the right minerals in you, you can produce a current. Of course, most people would die from those minerals though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...