RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
awraynor

This Is Very Scary!

dvn

We must be talking android phones. Wiping the phone clean is one thing apple got right

Do we know what an iPhone reset entails? A format? An actual data deletion program? Because I'm not convinced that data recovery isn't possible after iPhone does its 'reset/wipe' thing.

Unless the sectors are actually overwritten rather than marked as deleted (removing the reference), data is recoverable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

jazzerjay

Thanks for being honest and doing the right thing. We all need to champion behavior like that.

I completely agree. Do the right thing, plus why have that liability over your head?

ImTheTypeOfGuy

So I accidentally downgraded my rooted Droid X to a version of the ROM

which caused my phone to not boot. In a panic I bought a "get me by"

Droid X on EBay as I am waiting for the Galaxy S III or suitable upgrade to

come out. Luckily I was able to find the most recent factory ROM and get

my phone working again.

Here is where it gets interesting. The original owner of the EBay phone thought he had wiped the

phone, he sold it to Cash4Gizmo which told him they would make sure it was wiped.

Well guess what?

I have his Sheriff's Dept. email, personal email, facebook account name and gmail

name. His contacts list was wiped, but if you start typing numbers his contacts will

show up. From there you can get their names, phone numbers and birth dates.

I did contact him through his email and let him know about the phone and wiped it

properly. Everyone here is too smart for this, but I did tell him that it isn't worth

the money to sell a phone or computer, EVER! Especially if you work in a Sheriff's Dept.

in the Narcotics Investigation section.

So now, when he is victim to fraud he knows who to call. ;)

We must be talking android phones. Wiping the phone clean is one thing apple got right

Not true at all. When I had to get my iphone replaced one of numerous times I made the comment I wanted to clean the phone after they reset it. Both store employees there said it was no use and that everything on it could be recovered unless a particular program (I don't recall the name) was used on it and to their knowledge it was imposible as it only works on computers. They said the best thing I could do would be to log into my web accounts and log out so that it doesn't store my passwords. Even that of course isn't worth much. So no better than any other phone. No one has this right. Now, with all that said I am no expert so I don't know if they are right but I have to believe them over anyone else. After all, every apple fan boy indicates that apple has the best technicians. .