RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Verizon Phones

cskenney

I am looking for advice on a new smartphone. I have had a Droid Incredible for a couple of years now and it has developed a few problems (like randomly shutting off). I live in a rural area so 4G isn't really a selling point for me at this time. I am wondering what you guys think about the various phones that are offered by Verizon Wireless (they are my carrier today).

Obviously iPhone4S is one option (which is what I believe my wife is asking for).

A friend has the Motorola Droid Razr Maxx and commented that the battery life is incredible.

There is also the Samsung Galaxy Nexus which is popular and has the latest Android OS.

I was thinking about trying to wait to see if Verizon had the Samsung Galaxy III but I don't think I can put it off much longer with the random shutdowns.

Thoughts?????

How about the latest Incredible? Not the 2nd one but the one they just showed a week or so ago. It's 4G but looked nice. The Maxx looks good as well. Have you tried Craigslist for an older Galaxy phone to get you by for a while? You might find someone that you could talk down and then hang out for the Galaxy III or the unknown Apple handset. If you take the phone to an official Verizon store you can activate it for free. Don't take it to a reseller store. You can also call them to verify the ESN or even have the seller meet you at the store to have it checked out. I offered that on all the phones I sold.

I can also say that it's convenient to have multiple phones on the same marketplace instead of having one on iOS and another on Android.

My wife has the Incredible and likes it, but it does get flaky at times. I will do a factory reset and reinstall apps, with the data remaining

intact on the SD card. It helps for a while until it needs it again.

I have a Droid X which is enough to make me swear off any Motorola phone, their software is ugly and slow on my phone. I had the 4S,

but sent it back within a week. The Nexus just doesn't do it for me, poor camera and so so screen. I am interested in their take on the Note

or the Galaxy SIII which is probably the phone to have. You can get a "get me by" phone on Craiglist or EBay for cheap. If I buy local

I make them meet me at the Verizon store so I can make sure it is clean. On EBay I can always refute the charges.

Read the post I am getting ready to do about a phone I just bought to get me by.

I'm seriously looking at the Lumia 900. It's so heavily subsidized at $99 it's hard to resist. Unfortunately, in the US, I think it's only on AT&T at the moment. In Canada I can get it on Rogers for that price.

Agree with the WP8 comment. With no guarantee that the Lumia can be upgraded to WP8, it's dead in the water to me.

I would avoid the 4s. I am on my 3rd one in two months and getting ready to get it replaced again. Unfortunately it is my only option on Verizon because the droids have problems with exchange.

After waiting years for an iPhone I returned my 4S within a week. Nice phone, but surprised how heavy it felt, couldn't stand

the sheets of icons and Siri, but it was smooth. Android, as we know was more customizable, but at times sluggish. The killer

was the screen, if iPhone 5 is the same size I either have to get glasses or stick with Android.