RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
ruvil

N40L and 3TB disks?

ikon

Yeah; go with Reds over Greens; the Reds are designed for NAS applications.

a15457

I have four seagate 3TB drives in my N40L all humming along nicely, although I'm going to have to look at a hotway RAID enclosure early next year as I've only got just over a TB of space left already and I've only had the box a couple of months. :)

ikon

I've only got just over a TB of space left already and I've only had the box a couple of months. :)

Packrat! :D <j/k>

a15457

ROFLs!!! The main reason that I bought this box was so that I could get rid of the PILES of external USB drives I had / Use the External drives for offsite storage and actually do some backups of my important data.

Oh yeah and I am a massive hoarder ... although my current partner is helping me purge loads of stuff ... both electronic and physical!

:D

ikon

ROFLs!!! The main reason that I bought this box was so that I could get rid of the PILES of external USB drives I had / Use the External drives for offsite storage and actually do some backups of my important data.

Oh yeah and I am a massive hoarder ... although my current partner is helping me purge loads of stuff ... both electronic and physical!

:D

Sounds like you have a plan. Good luck with it, and it sounds also like you better hang onto your partner :)

a15457

Yep she's defo a keeper! Yeah the plan keeps moving forward slowly! I'll get there in the end and soon enough I'll be buying my second N40L to set up as a HTPC. :)

ikon

There ya go! :D

g725s

Any difference putting in a 4TB drive over a 3TB drive under WHS2011?

ikon

Hmmm, good question. Not sure, but I wouldn't think so. Once you're over the 2TB I think you should be good for quite a while.

jmwills

Any difference putting in a 4TB drive over a 3TB drive under WHS2011?

None at all.