RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Anyone use Instapaper or Pocket?

Dave

Instapaper or Pocket, formerly Read it Later.

I am thinking about trying these guys and wondered what you think of them.

GavinCampbell

I've been using pocket for a few years now and love it. I haven't used instapaper but never felt the need to. I like pocket because it has addons for firefox an iphone app, ipad app as well as ways to save stuff via safari on the iphone/ipad. I also like that it has quick save links on google reader and is built into a lot of apps I use on ios such as tweetbot and reeder.

Basically it is everywhere.

pcdoc

Just got it but have not used it much yet. Will be using it for my upcoming trip and report back.

texasPI

Long time pocket user here for, too. Except for the color of the new design, I like it much better than the Read It Later version before it. I also have Instapaper but I hardly use it for various reasons. Primarily because I think the developer is an arrogant arse and because searching requires an in app purchase. Pocket is cross platform while Instapaper is iOS only.

Edit: to clarify, Instapaper's search is an ongoing paid subscription.

Erik

via Tapatalk just for HSS forum member ikon :)

Edited by texasPI

ikon

Long time pocket user here for, too. Except for the color of the new design, I like it much better than the Read It Later version before it. I also have Instapaper but I hardly use it for various reasons. Primarily because I think the developer is an arrogant arse and because searching requires an in app purchase. Pocket is cross platform while Instapaper is iOS only.

Edit: to clarify, Instapaper's search is an ongoing paid subscription.

Erik

via Tapatalk just for HSS forum member ikon :)

Thanks for the info. I've never used either of them; From their website I would have guessed that Pocket is basically iOS - glad to hear it's cross platform. Does that mean there's a Windows version?