RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Icy Dock Week Discussion

IndyLux

The feature for this weeks show is a review from each of the podcast hosts of a product from Icy Dock. Sorry if the show seems like a bit of a commercial for the company this week, but we all really enjoyed our review units and the build quality in particular. Check out the blog for the three (soon to be four) reviewed units.

My questions:

1) Do you have or use any hardware from Icy Dock and what do you think?

2) What comments or thoughts do you have about the review units we discussed?

3) What other products would you like to see from Icy Dock? (They'll be joining us in the forums so you'll be heard!)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IndyLux

• diehard

• ImTheTypeOfGuy

• icy_roland

I would like to see 1 or 2 Icy Dock give-aways. Make them conditional that the winner must write their own review and user experience if they win.

Edit - So I jumped over to the ICY DOCK website. I would like to learn more about the MB990SP-B product. It looks very similar to the approach that Tranquil is doing with the safe server module, except this appears to be only 2 x 2.5 drives in one bay (no raid1).

Good one cskenney,
My thoughts exactly. I had ordered my unit before the news came out on the safe server module or I would have ordered this for a review. But I really like having all that extra storage with the Quad Case.

I'll have to go over Chris' video with Icy Dock, I think I heard Roland say there was a RAID unit.

Great Reviews guys. I am interested in the external dock that dave had the unboxing on. Other than that, I don't have any interest. I would be interested in the quad case if I didn't already have one.

Chris Lux's interview at CES with Icy Dock.

You will hear Chris coaching the sales rep. Maybe his next interview will be better.

1. A give-a-way isn't very likely, however a contest is a possibility. If you have some ideas for a contest, throw em up. Also, let us know what products you would like to see as prizes.

2. The dual 2.5" RAID unit talked about will be similar to our MB882SP-1S-1B (), but it will be made using SECC, hold two drives, and have JBOD, RAID0, and RAID1 options. The MB990 is just a bracket, good for internal use only, while our full converter line is backplane ready, and will go anywhere you can put a standard 3.5".

3. I will admit, I was completely caught by surprise with the interview, and was a little bit nervous! I will indeed do better next time :)

Good timing Roland, I was just going to email you about getting the product number for the 2.5 dual raid.
Maybe one of us can do a review on it and see how it fits into the HP MediaSmart servers, that would be Dave or myself, Pick Dave . Sorry Jim and Chris. Then have an interview with you and give it away as a contest.

Come on guys, give some love to the home builds. You don't have to do all the tests on the MSS's.