RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Moxi HD DVR

jmwills

Does anyone have any experience with one of these? Pros / Cons, etc. The house we bought came with one of these and from the best I can tell, all of the costs were up front from the previous owner.

Thanks in advance

It powers the entertainment system throughout the house. I guess they never heard of WHS and WMC....opps....WHS anyways.

I was thinking of buying one a couple of years ago as opposed to a TiVo. IIRC, prior to entering the consumer market, their products were availble only to cable companies, then they tried selling direct to consumers but did not fare well. Now they have ceased direct to consumer sales and have reverted to their initial business model.

The Moxi was comparable to the TiVo but w/o the monthly subscription. I wonder if Moxi will continue to provide EPG data going forward?

It powers the entertainment system throughout the house. I guess they never heard of WHS and WMC....opps....WHS anyways.

So you have extenders too?

Woot has a $45 dollar Tivo Premiere DVR today, but it's the subscription fees that kill you.

Woot has a $45 dollar Tivo Premiere DVR today, but it's the subscription fees that kill you.

I saw it and considered it but yes, the subscription fees always kill it for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk