RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Media Center Add-in for Windows 8 Explained

Greg Welch

Well, they threw us a bone but they made it clear that Media Center is not the future.

Did anybody else pick up on this? :

]Windows Media[/b] Player will continue to be available in all editions, but without DVD playback support. For optical discs playback on new Windows 8 devices, we are going to rely on the many quality solutions on the market, which provide great experiences for both DVD and Blu-ray.

Sooo, no DVD playback? This things gonna be a colossal failure..

Did anybody else pick up on this? :

Sooo, no DVD playback? This things gonna be a colossal failure..

Wellllll, seriously, who plays DVDs back on their PC anymore, especially video DVDs? As long as it can still rip them, I honestly don't care if it can play them.

Wellllll, seriously, who plays DVDs back on their PC anymore, especially video DVDs? As long as it can still rip them, I honestly don't care if it can play them.

Apparently that's they way Microsoft thinks, but from my own experiences, a lot of people still play dvds on their PC's.

I think the problem is that 'a lot' is not really all that much, and it's getting smaller every year.

I would have to agree with Ikon. I think for the first time MS might be out ahead of a serious trend.