RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Joe_Miner

3rd Generation Intel's are Finally Out

ikon

Yeah. Unfortunately, since AMD has basically ceded the high-end CPU market, Intel has decided they really don't need to rush so hard to release new generations. They can squeeze more profit out of the current generation, put less pressure on their designers and fabricators, and spend a lot less on marketing.

dvn

Guess this means I'll have to junk my i7-2600K. :P

mrossco

If you have a Micro Center nearby they have some good in-store only prices.

http://www.microcent...processors.html

Even better, is that they have great bundle deals in which they'll knock a bunch off the price of the motherboard.

krom

Components for (hopefully) super awesome gaming PC rig for my son ordered yesterday. Definitely not sure how I feel about having the second best PC in the house....no wait I know how I feel. Might have to go Sandybridge-E to set the Force back in balance as soon as my checkbook recovers.

ikon

Components for (hopefully) super awesome gaming PC rig for my son ordered yesterday. Definitely not sure how I feel about having the second best PC in the house....no wait I know how I feel. Might have to go Sandybridge-E to set the Force back in balance as soon as my checkbook recovers.

Definitely. We're older; we need the better hardware to help make up for their fast-twitch muscles :)