RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

HP MSS Data Vault 3.0 Update v2 Anyone?

Octavean

Anyone try the HP MSSDV32134990ServerUpdate.exe, update yet? I just received my HP MSS 490 yesterday and had some really high CPU utilization (~75% to about 90 %) while the server was just idling. I didn

I installed the update but have not done any testing yet. It is a bug fix, I I'd rather have it patched then not. I tried to run the installed as suggested through the HP update windows and selecting the file I downloaded, but it just kept churning. So I RDP'd into the server, checked that the file was unlocked and ran it.

Sneaky, how they got the Twonky.msi in there.

What's also different about this one is that there is no icon in the top toolbar of the Console, only in the Settings. I guess thats since there is no need to interact with it. A few addins work this way. However if you download the WHS addin from Twonky, you will get the 5.12 version as apposed to this one being 5.11 That addin is for purchase. 50% off if your fast, also non HP MediaSmart users can now have Twonky. With that addin, from a RDC you can go into http://myserver:9000 under the media feeds and add access to your Flick,Facbook,PhotBucket, Picasa,ShoutCast, YouTube and a few more. I have not played around with that much, Anyone ?

Also, this method is a good way of protecting your addin from being uninstalled easily, if you do not add the addin into the Software/Addins folder, and just into the Software folder and run the installer. It will not show up in the Console to install or uninstall. So it's kind of protected. But you can RDP and go into the Control Panel and uninstall it that way.

As soon as I started the new EX490 server and started updating the OS / HP software there was what I believe to be the first 3.0 patch. I installed it but for some reason I was still given a notification that updates were available. Using the WHS Console HP Update tab to download the update yielded no available updates but the notification didn

hmm, if the 1st patch didn't install properly, you should see it in the C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP MediaSmart Server\data\.updates\.pending if it did, it will be in the C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP MediaSmart Server\data\.updates\.applied so you would have had to go into the pending folder and rerun the install. If it's there now and you run it, you will have to reinstall the 321

hmm, if the 1st patch didn't install properly, you should see it in the C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP MediaSmart Server\data\.updates\.pending if it did, it will be in the C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP MediaSmart Server\data\.updates\.applied so you would have had to go into the pending folder and rerun the install. If it's there now and you run it, you will have to reinstall the 321