RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Sudden Reboots

Greg Welch

I have those moments all the time, I tell my wife, i fixed it ! that thing , you know?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IndyLux

• dvn

• ikon

• jmwills

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to hear IndyLux. Could be another case of my first 3 rules of troubleshooting: Connections, connections, connections.

IndyLux

I hate it even more when I can't be sure it wasn't "Are you sure it's plugged in?"

I'm just happy it works. Thanks everyone for the help!

ImTheTypeOfGuy

To be honest IndyLux, I'm surprised it runs at all without the standoffs. My recommendation is to unplug it from the wall and don't dare plug it in again until you have the standoffs in place. IMHO, you have been very, very lucky to date that the mobo hasn't permanently shorted out.

That is kind of like touching a bare wire without electricians gloves. I can't believe it works.

That is kind of like touching a bare wire without electricians gloves. I can't believe it works.

You got it! :)

I hate it even more when I can't be sure it wasn't "Are you sure it's plugged in?"

I'm just happy it works. Thanks everyone for the help!

How can a doctor be so upset about not finding the ultimate cause of something, as long as the end result is that the 'patient' recovers? :D

jmwills

However, when the doctor asks you what you did to cure yourself and takes notes on the conversation....you feel quite smug...

IndyLux

Oh, I'm happy the 'patient' is all better. I just know the next time I have people over for a movie, it'll reboot in the middle. And everyone will mock me.