RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
kermi

Skydrive + WHS2011

Mr_Smartepants

Well I had the skydrive app installed for about 10 min and promptly uninstalled it. What a load of crap! It didn't do anything that I wanted it for.

In fact, it started downloading everything I had on skydrive back to the PC I uploaded it from, duplicating every file but in their own folder.

Good thing I didn't install this on my server! :(

ikon

Well I had the skydrive app installed for about 10 min and promptly uninstalled it. What a load of crap! It didn't do anything that I wanted it for.

In fact, it started downloading everything I had on skydrive back to the PC I uploaded it from, duplicating every file but in their own folder.

Good thing I didn't install this on my server! :(

Sorry to hear it doesn't do what you wanted. To be fair though, it does do what it was designed to do: that is, it keeps a designated SkyDrive folder in sync across multiple computers. Copy a file up to SkyDrive from one computer and it automatically syncs that file to any other computers linked to that SkyDrive.

For sure, there are things people would like it to do that it doesn't, as in your case. There are even things that Mesh could do that SkyDrive doesn't. If we all push back at MS, maybe they will include some of the features.

ImTheTypeOfGuy

Sorry to hear it doesn't do what you wanted. To be fair though, it does do what it was designed to do: that is, it keeps a designated SkyDrive folder in sync across multiple computers. Copy a file up to SkyDrive from one computer and it automatically syncs that file to any other computers linked to that SkyDrive.

For sure, there are things people would like it to do that it doesn't, as in your case. There are even things that Mesh could do that SkyDrive doesn't. If we all push back at MS, maybe they will include some of the features.

I really hope they do not get rid of mesh. I use it almost daily to remote into my computers at home.

Anyone know if there is a size limit on an individual file you can upload to skydrive?

jmwills

2GB, or at least that's the last number I saw.

ikon

I think jmwills is correct: 2GB.

ImTheTypeOfGuy

I was going to use box to transfer movies to my touchpad but that service only allows 100 MB. :mad