RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
jmwills

SkyDrive Limit 7GB: Need to Upgrade to Keep 25GB!

Dave

I broke a HSS rule.

Installed SkyDrive on a Mac. Hmmmm, it works! SkyDrive right inside Finder. Very nice. Also have it on the iPhone.

Just curious, I went to https://devices.live.com/ and it shows my SkyDrive as 5Gb and not 25. I did the upgrade today so I don't know what to believe.

Mr_Smartepants

...I went to https://devices.live.com/ and it shows my SkyDrive as 5Gb and not 25. I did the upgrade today so I don't know what to believe.

Me too, even though I already have 14GB stored there. I never got the option to "upgrade" though. I wonder if the app works with shortcuts or symbolic links? I'd love to use this on WHS to sync my shares but I don't want to move the files to the "skydrive" folder.

Edited by Mr_Smartepants

Server Grunt

Thanks for this info. I wondered were the heck teh capacity ha gone - fortunaltely I am only storing limited amount of data on Sky Drive at the moment.

/G

cskenney

I broke a HSS rule.

Installed SkyDrive on a Mac. Hmmmm, it works! SkyDrive right inside Finder. Very nice. Also have it on the iPhone.

Just curious, I went to https://devices.live.com/ and it shows my SkyDrive as 5Gb and not 25. I did the upgrade today so I don't know what to believe.

Mine says the same thing (5GB of synced storage) but when I go to Skydrive it says on the lower left that I have 25GB of storage space.

ImTheTypeOfGuy

Thanks for the heads up.

dvn

5GB and 25GB SkyDrive storage spaces are two different storage spaces. 5 is associated with Office and 25 was associated with 'not much' up until the recent release of the SkyDrive app.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

ikon

Me too, even though I already have 14GB stored there. I never got the option to "upgrade" though.

Since you were already over the 7GB limit you were upgraded automatically. All accounts that were close to the 7GB were.

jmwills

Better safe than sorry......

sabihahmed

Great sharing... I have been upgraded with 25GB storage account and feeling blessed by that way ;) It was a good initiative taken by Microsoft to give some leverage to their existing customers and to reward them with the massive free storage giveway. As replied above by one of the community member, the app is really awesome but there isn't a folder selection option like Dropbox. I am also a customer of dropbox and SugarSync and both of them are likely very good! Opted the services after reading the post of best cloud storage [1] providers where i found multi choices to cater my storage needs! Thanks anyways! Overall, SkyDrive Rocks! You may also review some reliable and easy to use best online backup services [2] which are more or less similar to cloud storage!

Source:

[1] www(dot)cloudreviews(dot)com/blog/best-cloud-storage-providers

[2] www(dot)cloudreviews(dot)com/blog/best-online-backup-services

Edited by sabihahmed