RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

ikon

There's also a way to send documents to the Kindle by sending them to your Kindle email address. This can be done for free if it's done by WiFi. If done by WhisperNet there is a charge per megabyte.

Dave

I'm in. Consider me converted. Especially since I'm a Prime member already and have been for years. I already see a few books that I'll be reading for free! I may move up to the touch model though. Now the big problem....i want it now! ha

jeffla

If you want it now, go to your local Target and pick it up right away. Well assuming the Targets in WI stock them like the Targets in Minneapolis do. I think Best Buy might carry them as well.

Edited by jeffla

ikon

Unfortunately, the touch models are not available in Canada. I'm waiting for the one with 3G. Been waiting over a year.

IndyLux

I think the touch models are over rated. I have the e-ink with the physical buttons and physical keyboard. It think 'analog' page turns are easier and it's nicer to hold. My mother has the kindle touch and it's not as user friendly (but she still likes it).

ikon

I think the touch models are over rated. I have the e-ink with the physical buttons and physical keyboard. It think 'analog' page turns are easier and it's nicer to hold. My mother has the kindle touch and it's not as user friendly (but she still likes it).

I'm not necessarily a huge fan of touch, but I like the idea of the smaller size, the lighter weight, the clearer display, and the faster page turns.

jazzerjay

I wouldn't buy one from Target, get it straight from Amazon and it's already pre-loaded and connected to you account. I bought the older keyboard 3G one and then bought the fire. I absolutely loved both, but sent the Fire back. I already have everything I was using it for and it only took the second time of smacking myself in the face whilst while reading at night. Streaming to the fire was flawless, but I found myself not watching anything. Again, because we stream from our homeserver, I wasn't a huge fan of watching from Amazon although I am a prime member. Also, I have bought several tech books and thouroughly enjoy reading them through the web client as well as on my kindle itself. I even bought my wife the wi-fi only new one and she takes it with her wherever she goes. We have nearly 150 books in our library and with the exception of the tech ones I've bought, they are all free. I can't even begin to talk about some of the great reads that I've come across. And for the naysayers, before getting a Kindle, it would take me 4 months to read a novel, mainly because I was reading at night before going to sleep. But now with the Kindle, I can read 5 mins here, 5 mins there and read a book in a week if I wanted to. (I'm a slow reader as well, so I got that going for me) Prime all the way.