RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Server 8 Beta on my iPAD (with SplashTop)

Joe_Miner

After listening to PodCast 180 Wed nite (April 18, 2012) and then again yesterday on my iPod while mowing the yard I was intrigued by the Dave, Jim & John's discussion of the iPad App SplashTop and how I could use SplashTop to remote into my operating VM of Windows 8 on my MicroServer and operate the metro touch controls on my iPad. I tried that and have written about it to be posted later in the Blog but while I was finally feeling and at last finally appreciating some of the things they were doing in Windows 8 with the touch controls I got to wondering if this would work in Server 8 and Server 8's touch controls.

It does.

Here's a screen shot on my iPad of one of my Server 8 VM's thats running on my MicroServer and I'm able to use the touch controls. Noticed the Charms on the Right side:

SplashTop3001.jpg

And in this screen shot on the iPad I've gone to the Apps page:

SplashTop3002.jpg

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dave

• pcdoc

• ikon

• Joe_Miner

Top Posters In This Topic

Be careful not to cut your toes off while mowing and listening to HSS Podcasts!

Next thing you know, he'll trying to install an SSD into his lawnmower so he can cut the lawn faster, and quieter :D

Well, naturally, but RAM is so cheap these days I took that as a given ;)

No new CPU first, more bladewidth = less time walking

No new CPU first, more bladewidth = less time walking

If he's going to go that far, maybe he should just get a microLawnMower. :D

I've got a WHS v1 loaded, and am currently loading Win 7 into my Virtual Box. Windows 8 will be next and I will give this a shot! Also got a RAM delivery for my WHS 2011 server that is hosting all these virtual boxes. So far so good!

Windows Server on an ipad. Just the sound of that makes me feel the need to shower. That is just wrong.

Windows Server on an ipad. Just the sound of that makes me feel the need to shower. That is just wrong.

Think of it this way. Microsoft's ultimate plan to take over the Mac hardware as well is on schedule :ph34r: