RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
whatsinaname

New N40L Question about Optical Bay

whatsinaname

hmmm downloaded chipset driver, but not sure how to install it. time for more investigation

ikon

hmmm downloaded chipset driver, but not sure how to install it. time for more investigation

On most boards, there's an .EXE to run.

whatsinaname

Yeah, I may have had the wrong one. hmmm

I installed the Broadcom nic driver, and the driver direct from AMD that had the video driver, Just not sure what raid driver to install.

Well I am not running raid anyway so I will just leave it with the windows default driver for now. No harm no foul.

Thinking of using stablebit drive pool. Still undecided.

whatsinaname

Ok, Installed, updated..... Wow updates take forever... :) set up remote access, etc. enabled hibrenate, installed lights-out.....

Now I want to find something to monitor the server.

My h340 had a tab in the console that showed temps, fanspeed, memory usage, etc. Is there a generic plugin for whs 2011 that does this sort of thing?

ikon

My h340 had a tab in the console that showed temps, fanspeed, memory usage, etc. Is there a generic plugin for whs 2011 that does this sort of thing?

I'm not aware of one. On my Win7 box I run CoreTemp with the CoreTemp Gadget. It's not an add-in per se, but it works. I would check the MS site.

whatsinaname

Thanks, Ill give CoreTemp a try.

dbailey75

I had the same luck with trying to install the HP drivers (the hp site pointed back to an obscure AMD link), the files I downloadled where just INFO files, and I kept getting an error message saving the drivers were not compatiable with the OS, no exe file. I was running the RS785E/SB820M (graphic and chipset driver) for windows 7/Vista for a few months with out issue, but figured I'd try to install the HP recommended drivers. I believe most folks are running these drivings aswell, here's the link http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/embedded/Pages/embedded_windows_all.aspx.