• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ImTheTypeOfGuy

• jmwills

• ikon

• cclayton

Holy crap! After years of a wierd, convoluted product line, Microsoft has finally heard our cries! I get offering a lower-cost sku for home users, but the features that differentiated each edition were almost arbitrary. 3 is all Windows 8 needed.

I look forward to hearing what Paul Thurrott has to say...

Looks like the "Windows RT" name is getting horrible reviews. Got to admit, it really doesn't make much sense.

I am assuming that Media Center will be in Windows 8/Pro? Didn't really see that anywhere.

I thought they mentioned that MC is a package you purchase to add to pro.

From the article.

Windows Media Center will be available as an economical “media pack” add-on to Windows 8 Pro.

Looks like the "Windows RT" name is getting horrible reviews. Got to admit, it really doesn't make much sense.

I am assuming that Media Center will be in Windows 8/Pro? Didn't really see that anywhere.

Yeah looks like oh well now that is an extra feature

I believe I heard that Media Center was being replaced by something or an aggregation of X-Box Live, Zune, and WMC. I can defienitely see this is not being pushed at Enterprises.

RT is used to "retweet". If I'm reading the article correctly, RT is for ARM? Why not Windows 8 ARM? What's an extra letter between friends?

I believe I heard that Media Center was being replaced by something or an aggregation of X-Box Live, Zune, and WMC. I can defienitely see this is not being pushed at Enterprises.

Nope, WMC will be an addon for Windows 8 Pro, and an 'economical' price, probably to pay for Dolby and EPG guide data.

Also, Windows Server 8 (I liked that name) is now Windows Server 2012.

http://t.co/FkkLubSl

RT is used to "retweet". If I'm reading the article correctly, RT is for ARM? Why not Windows 8 ARM? What's an extra letter between friends?

The fear windows arm pit stinks