RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

The Microsoft Store

jeffla

Have you been? I've spent many hours in an apple store over the years for various reasons (always iPhone related) but never ventured in the Microsoft Store. Guess it just seemed silly to considering you can see Microsoft products pretty much anywhere. Well we were at the MOA the other day and stumbled upon it. It is located directly across the walkway from God, oops, the Apple store. Unlike the glowing white glass box across the way, filled with the most arrogant, self important snobs I get annoyed by each time my iPhone needs help. (run on sentence, I know). The Microsoft store was modern yet tasteful, the employees were real humans. They even reminded me of normal people with jobs. Unlike the anorexic guy wearing skinny jeans at the Apple store, the Microsoft Store employees were average joes. Some fat, some skinny, some pink, some purple. I could tell them apart, unlike the store across the way.

After realizing we spent almost 2 hours looking at the Lumia 900, new laptops and people watching we left feeling this sick desire to come back. We found a place were we belong. Unlike the store across the way who tries desperately to lock its doors when it sees me coming wearing my mismatched jeans and tshirt.

So, if you have a Microsoft store near you, check it out. I did find it odd they sell pretty much every version of every piece of software I know of, but not WHS.

@Jeffla, glad you found the experience rewarding. We have a couple of Apple stores around here but I suspect the nearest Microsoft Store is a 10 flight away.

Sad about the absence of WHS, it is probably the cheapest software they sell (or once sold)

Walked into an Apple store to get help with my wife's iPhone, and I ended up looking at the MacBook Air. Was pestered almost immediately by one of hte iClones, but not necessarily to help me, instead, the concierge wanted to make sure I got an appointment so that THEN they could try to sell me something.

I'm looking forward to visiting a Microsoft store when I see one. The Online store is nice, and I just may buy my next laptop there...

Not surprised on the absence of WHS. WHS is supposed to be sold as an OEM, and nobody seems to be interested in building products around it.

I have an iphone and it shuts down multiple times a day. I have to do a reset to start it again. I refuse to go to an apple store to have them repair it. I have told our phone guy he has to take it or just get me a replacement. It has been this way for about a month. I am holding out, hopefully until verizon gets a windows phone and then and can replace the "beta device".

Well if any of you go, they are currently running a promotion where if your smartphone loses a speed comparison with their Lumia, they give you a $25.00 GC for the store. So we now have $50.00 in GCs to the Microsoft Store. Our iphones felt childish in comparison to the Lumia 900, really wanted the Lumia 800 but with a price of 899.00 it wasn't an opiton. The 900 is free until the 21st after AT&T gives you a $100.00 credit on your 1st bill after activating the Lumia (new or existing customers). Add in the free GC and we make $25.00 each by getting a new phone. But, for now, we will stick with our iphone.

Edited by jeffla

If a user makes a post but their status is 0 posts. Did they really make a post?

Capture%20j.jpg?psid=1

Perhaps he's that person who can hear the tree fall in the forest. :)