RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Crucial M4 256GB SSD in Acer 1810T -- WOW

Joe_Miner

I knew it would speed things up but I still wasn't really prepared for the JUMP in performance! -- had found a good price on Crucial M4's a couple of weeks ago so.......................

Used Acronis 2012 Plus -- Acronis was something of a learning experience and I had some issues with my IcyDcok USB 3.0 docking port but ultimately got it ironed out.

I cloned the WD Blue 320GB that came with the 1810T to the M4 256GB SSD -- installation was relatively simple.

Windows experience for the Hard drive went from 5.2 for the WD Blue to a 7.5 for the Crucial M4!!

Nice. Would highly recommend this to anyone.

Now..... looks like I need to start planning for that Main Desktop upgrade.................................

Sounds like SSD addiction....you may need professional help to curb the cravings.

My wife thougt it was cute how I described the increased performance of my 1810T over dinner this evening :)

I think it's all PCDoc's fault -- he was the one to tell me to get a Crucial M4 late last year!! I may need a 12 step program!!

My wife thougt it was cute how I described the increased performance of my 1810T over dinner this evening :)

I think it's all PCDoc's fault -- he was the one to tell me to get a Crucial M4 late last year!! I may need a 12 step program!!

Buy one a month and call me in the morning.

Should see our sap db speed increase we had after putting in 2tb of enterprise ssd over 15k drives went from 300 to over 5k in iops

Should see our sap db speed increase we had after putting in 2tb of enterprise ssd over 15k drives went from 300 to over 5k in iops

2TB of SSD? How much did that cost?

Now that's nice. I won't be happy until my home setup matches an enterprise setup.

Article I wrote last weekon the 256GB M4 for those interested in it.....or any SSD for that matter. Also discussed on BYOB 82

Excellent write-up and as always an Excellent Podcast.

Your article is so good I've printed it out to file in my binder to review with all future builds! Thanks!

Buy one a month and call me in the morning.

LOL -- sounds like a great Prescription to me!!

Sounds like SSD addiction....you may need professional help to curb the cravings.

Maybe a SSD patch I tape to my arm?