RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
jpap33

Drive Bender Doesn't Find Correct Pool on new OS install

jpap33

Hello everyone,

With the help of the forums I've installed an SSD as my OS drive. I am running Drive Bender. On my previous install, I had a pool setup called "whs shares" and set to be the z: drive.

On this new install, I followed the directions and went to maintenance and repair and tried to restore a pool from drives.

It finds a pool, but it is an older pool that wasn't even on the last OS.

To make sure I wasn't crazy, I swapped the OS drives for the previous working version of 2011 and the correct drive pool was there.

The drive that had the previous OS install that I'm not using was not a part of the Pool.

I put back in the SSD drive with the new install of 2011 and tried to do everything again, and it still finds the older pool that I deleted month ago.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for your time, as always,

Joe

pcdoc

It has been awhile since I ran drive bender so I am not an expert nor was I impressed with it when I tested it. I am assuming the issue has to do with the link to the "D" partition which probably got creamed when you did your SSD install. What I would do is put your spindle drive back in, offload all you data (if you have the storage). Put your ssd back in and kill all the storage pools and recreate them. Then copy everything back over. Not sure how much data you have or if you have enough drive storage but it is just a thought. Personally this is the point where you might want to evaluate if you want to continue using Drive Bender. If you ever have to restore or recreate your OS disk in the future, your problems could get a bit interesting. I assume you contacted DB on this problem. Probably not much help but it all I can think of. Good luck and post your answer if you get something from DB as other will undoubtedly have similar issues.

jpap33

What's your recommendation as another de replacement? I can't recall what the show recommends....

And what I did was put the old drive back in as just an additional drive.....to see if it would make a difference when I recreated the pools...nuttin. I'll keep playing....

Edited by jpap33

pcdoc

What's your recommendation as another de replacement? I can't recall what the show recommends....

Unfortunately I cannot recommend any DE replacements as they are all somewhat volatile. I would recommend not using one at all or if you have a ton of drives go to a hardware solution. If you list your storage we might be able to help a bit better.