RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

It's starting to look like we'll see the Ivy Bridge out April 23rd!

yodafett

Don't forget the "coolness" factor and the "full foshay" factor! :)

Comparing power requirements it would only seem to make sense for devices turned on a lot (like a Server on 24/7) and then we'd want to look at the idle requirements. From what I've read the Z77 boards are suppose to be more efficient over the Z68's but I know my Z68 running a i5-2500K was only drawing 37-41 W at idle.

Now if I was comparing a Z77 to running my desktop 24/7 there would be a big difference with the i7-930 on the X58 board and the HD5850.... I don't think it would be a good (efficient) idea to repurpose my desktop to a Server :)

Guess I'm guilty, Server, 4 Desktops and 1 laptop on 24x7 only my Atom do i put to sleep due to a overly bright blue led power light. Good thing for the rest of y'all Texas is on its own power grid

I can definately see mid summer it being even better when the Ivy Bridge Ultrabooks start shipping as the spec sort of requires unboard video. PCIe 3.0 support will be nice if we were at capacity on PCIe 2.1

I am interested in an Ultrabook sometime this year, for when we're travelling.

Joe_Miner

Guess I'm guilty, Server, 4 Desktops and 1 laptop on 24x7 only my Atom do i put to sleep due to a overly bright blue led power light. Good thing for the rest of y'all Texas is on its own power grid

Someone has to keep the utilities funded.

jmwills

I have a NetBook that could be for sale.....

yodafett

Take a look at the Dell XPS 13. i7 1.8 with 4gb ram and 256gb SSD. while i wish there was more ram if buying an ultra book to be what an ultrabook is suppose to be it is great. Extremely fast boot nice screen and thinner than a mac air. downside only 2 usb so make sure you go with a bluetooth mouse

my netbook is a Dell D420 with a 1.2 mobile processor. while slow with XP it is suprisingly fast running OSX 10.6.8

Take a look at the Dell XPS 13. i7 1.8 with 4gb ram and 256gb SSD. while i wish there was more ram if buying an ultra book to be what an ultrabook is suppose to be it is great. Extremely fast boot nice screen and thinner than a mac air. downside only 2 usb so make sure you go with a bluetooth mouse

my netbook is a Dell D420 with a 1.2 mobile processor. while slow with XP it is suprisingly fast running OSX 10.6.8

I'm going to wait for a Win8 certified Ultrabook, it's going to have to have multi-touch for that. I think Samsung is bringing out their first one this month, if it's not already out. No doubt Dell will be updating their XPS line soon too.