RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
Shoop

Some pictures come up with red X when remote viewing.

Shoop

Since the update on Tuesday, I have been having a problem with some of the pictures in a folder showing up as a red X when viewing a slideshow. Only one folder has this problem and only half of the pictures in the folder show a red X. The other half of the pictures show up just fine. I have rebooted the server and still nothing. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks

ikon

Well, normally, the suspect would be a missing codec Is there anything in common about the ones that don't show up? Are they all in a different format for instance? Or are they all of a certain size, or bigger or smaller than a certain size?

Shoop

All the pictures in the folder are from my cell phone so all are fairly consistent in size and format.

ikon

are the red x photos viewable on the phone?

Shoop

yeah. They are also viewable reading them off the harddrive from another computer on the network. Just red x when remote login is viewing them. I use the remote login to allow my wifes parents to see there grandson. I update the server daily with pics.

ikon

OK, if only 1 directory has this problem why not try moving some of the pictures to another directory, one that has no problems, and see what happens.

If the pictures are viewable in the new directory then you know it's something with the original directory itself. If the pictures continue to be unviewable then you know it's something about the pictures.

In that case I would check into the size angle more. Try sorting the photos by size; see if that groups the red x photos all together, or if they are scattered all throughout the listing.

ikon

I've seen this issue of slideshows not displaying correctly as well. It seems to occur with arbitrary folders, and it seems to clear up itself after a while. Frankly, the whole design and performance of the Media Library in Remote Access is crap. See: http://gcoupe.wordpr...-2011revisited/

Interesting. In that case, moving them photos to another folder might just work. Were you using RDP or Web Access?

gcoupe

Interesting. In that case, moving them photos to another folder might just work. Were you using RDP or Web Access?

Web access

ikon

Web access

I wonder if it's relevant: i.e. it might work RDP but not Web.