RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
coffejor

HP N40L Microserver $199.99

whatsinaname

If you have children, you understand "MiniMonster" :) Just kidding.

coffejor

ikon: Sorry for the confusion, I should have been less ethnocentric and defined EIN. I am curious if NewEgg allows non-US companies to create accounts on NewEgg Business? (One would hope so!)

whatsinaname: Congrats on the grab! Did NEB charge you sales tax?

whatsinaname

Not that I know of, but I live in one of the few states with no sales tax.

Just checked order confirmation, 0.00 tax

Edited by whatsinaname

yodafett

Can anyone purchase through Newegg Business? The account login appears to be different from a typical Newegg account.

I did just used my employer ID from my w2 when i registered

yodafett

I am waiting for a MONSTERSERVER not some crazy microserver.

I could quote you one of my Dell R510s with 300Gb boot drives and 36TB in a raid 5. 6 core proc and 8GB ram for around 8,000. for just a little more we move to duel 6 core procs 24GB ram and 5 yr pro support.

tojoski

I think a raid card is in my microserver's future.. Raid5 with the 2TB Samsung's I've been holding onto will give me a 6TB array.. Internal backup drive in the 5.25" spot then throw an SSD in the blank spot under there..

I could quote you one of my Dell R510s with 300Gb boot drives and 36TB in a raid 5. 6 core proc and 8GB ram for around 8,000. for just a little more we move to duel 6 core procs 24GB ram and 5 yr pro support.

Raid5 at 36TB? Whats the rebuild time on one of those? I'd feel safer with Raid6 with that much data..

ImTheTypeOfGuy

If you have children, you understand "MiniMonster" :) Just kidding.

Ummm, no you're not and you are right.

Isn't that an oxymoron?

I believe so.

Yes that is more my style. I just spent about $75k on a Dell EqualLocig SAN and two iSCSI switches at work and began wondering how I could get that replicated in my home. I have come up with a pitch to have my home be our disaster recovery site for the office so I would obviously need to duplicate the hardware at the house.

yodafett

The cheap way is an i3 full at motherboard, an antec 1100 case (has 12 5.25 bays). 4 of the icy dock 5in3 bay adapter. 3 8 port raid adapters or a single dell Perc card

20 3tb drives.

16gb flash

4 port intel nic

Presto an open filer San with 60tb storage and 4gbs LAN connection

ikon

The cheap way is an i3 full at motherboard, an antec 1100 case (has 12 5.25 bays). 4 of the icy dock 5in3 bay adapter. 3 8 port raid adapters or a single dell Perc card

20 3tb drives.

16gb flash

4 port intel nic

Presto an open filer San with 60tb storage and 4gbs LAN connection

Wow, you could probably store ALL the episodes of The Simpsons with that much storage.... or at least come close :P

yodafett

Well I do have 600TB+ of video storage work so if you have a bad case of insomnia i definately have the cure.