RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Technet subscription

deadspeak

Hi Guys

just a quick question. My technet subscription runs out soon, prop not going to renew it. So will all my product keys still be valid??

Cheers

Paul

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• deadspeak

• jmwills

• ikon

• JediTim

Yes, your keys are good for life. VERY IMPORTANT....go to TechNet and claim ALL the keys you are eligible for and then export the XML file and make three copies of it. Spend 30 minutes for this and forget it. You will lose access to the site after about 30 days so make sure you download everything you need prior to the subscription ending.

I just renewed mine, but mainly to get access to more on-line courses and the new SW to test over the next year.

thanks for the responses.

Feel a bit torn really, the geek in me wants to renew, but the practical family man questions wheather i really need it. All my machines are running Win 7, or WHS2011, one is a 5 year old laptop that won't really benefit from win8 the other is my HTPC running media center, and looking at what's happening with that in Win8 no reason to upgrade there. Might leave it for now and if down the road there is a knockout feature that i want i'll have to stump up the extra £30 and get a full subscription again.

Paul

The WIN8 Consumer preview will be good until sometime in January I believe. I don't really see a need to get a new subscription, just to get Windows 8, at least not now.

If you renew, do you get new keys like you would if you let it expire and then joined again?

Yes, your keys are good for life. VERY IMPORTANT....go to TechNet and claim ALL the keys you are eligible for and then export the XML file and make three copies of it. Spend 30 minutes for this and forget it. You will lose access to the site after about 30 days so make sure you download everything you need prior to the subscription ending.

Great advice!