RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Microsoft Home OS

brisingr

I've seen this a while ago and thought it would be interesting, but I'm not hopeful. Microsoft has not done well with WHS and even less with WHS2011 for the home. So I would be surprised if this went anywhere. Also Microsoft moves quite slowly. I'm guessing that with Apple's luck, they will probably develop something that the public will use and come out faster.

Nice article, I remember when I worked at M$ back in 2000 they were testing the home automaiton driver in WinME, with a fake fridge that would reorder your grocieries once a week

It wouldn't be the first time MS developed something that ended up being the inspiration for another company to make a hit product. Let's see the tablet comes to mind.

I would love to get my hands on this. Most HA software is absolute garbage when it comes to usability and stability. This is exactly what we need. Bring it on MS.

I would love to get my hands on this. Most HA software is absolute garbage when it comes to usability and stability. This is exactly what we need. Bring it on MS.

It would be nice to see a HA system that has really good hardware and software, and doesn't cost a fortune.

Biggest fear, will be the reason I have to get an Xbox360 and will require an Xbox live account. Plus side load a. Winter map in call of duty and thermostat drops 15 degrees