RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Dave

Congrats to Jerry and Home Server Status on 1000 Downloads!

Joe_Miner

Congrats to developer Jerry West and his Home Server Status software on it's 1000th download. That's awesome!

Congratulations Jerry! I expect it will be at 2000 soon!

dvn

Hey Jerry, for what it's worth - I recently installed WHS 2011 on my HP MSS EX495, and Home Server Status is working flawlessly - WoL, email notifications, along with everything else. Thanks again for all the effort you put into developing this program.

JerryW

Hey Jerry, for what it's worth - I recently installed WHS 2011 on my HP MSS EX495, and Home Server Status is working flawlessly - WoL, email notifications, along with everything else. Thanks again for all the effort you put into developing this program.

Your welcome and thank you for letting me know. I too am running WHS2011 on the same server.

dvn

Do you find that the EX495 is faster running WHS 2011? It seems so to me.

ikon

It wouldn't surprise me since Server 2008 is faster on the same hardware than Server 2003.

JerryW

Oh, yeah. Of course I beefed up the CPU and memory from the stock. The machine does everything I need it to so I MAY not be putting together a new box anytime soon. I have plenty of terabytes, serving movies and tv shows to all computers in the home, using it for designing wordpress blog themes (commercial and consumer), web apps, running Team Foundation Server to protect my coding, the kids are connected in for their school work (their homesechooled), and much more. No problems at all. We really use our home server. I don't use the remote access that much, hardly at all. I prefer logmein instead of setting up a VPN since I maintain a lot of computers.