RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Anyway to skip the bios in HPRR 2720SGL

Lurker

Anyone know the option to skip the bios in this card? It sometimes detects issue on the bios screen but once I get into the OS the raid manager does not report them. This is preventing my headless server to boot. I know there is an option when you flash the firmware to change time the bios displays. Will setting this to zero skip it entirely?

The error is an indication something bad is happening. At least try and reseat that card.

I agree. I would NOT ignore the error. Unless someone can establish that this is a known quirk of these cards I would say it indicates something is going on.

Try and write down the error. Never have seen an error (that was not real) on a HP card.

I,m not ignoring the error I just want to see it in windows and not the bios.

Ah. I guess I was confused because you already said you weren't seeing the error in Windows.

Except you would think the card's actual RAID Manager software would make note of any errors even before EV, wouldn't you? I'm also surprised that the card's BIOS could show an error that the Manager doesn't seem to be able to detect. Something doesn't seem right about that.

its not actually an error but a status message about the drives. I have a drive that is not initialized. I have to manually exit the bios for it to continue to boot to windows. I have initialized these drives in the bios but the same message comes up when I reboot.

So I would prefer to skip the bios and manage the array from windows. The bios always halts the boot process for these types of messages which is a pain for a headless server. Also there is nothing in the event viewer.

If the BIOS is throwing errors, have you checked to see if there is a firmware update?