RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Lovely Lovely Podcasts

Diceis

Does anybody know of any Podcaster Software for WHS 2011, that automatically download casts.

Ive seen various incompatible software, just none specific that works

Cheers

Many people here like and use subsonic which has podcast support.

If you have a music collection on your WHS, subsonic is great at making it available for streaming to clients (WWW browser, Android, IOS, etc) and will do the same for podcasts.

Caveat emptor - I don't believe subsonic has bookmarking support for podcasts so if this is importnant to you...

Sorry, what I meant was.

My server is on 24/7, I want to subscribed to specific video/audio podcast on my WHS11, and as soon as a new one comes out,

my server automatically downloads it, then I can access the podcast via another computer or my Windows Phone 7 to stream

Subsonic will do all that - even the WP7 client - note you'll need to make a donation to get license / mobile client support.

Edited by kcormier

I think the RSS Feeds feature of IE will do that too. IIRC, it sets up Scheduled Tasks to keep track of new shows and download them.

• Like 1

I think the RSS Feeds feature of IE will do that too

Your right ikon, IE does infact do podcasts via RSS, downloading as we speak, thanks!

Subsonic is probably my favorite piece of software I use. It downloads the HSS automatically and wherever I am, I can stream it to my phone or pc anywhere. I love it.

Edited by jeffla