RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
mattd390

Intel l EXPI9301CTBLK NIC - $22.99 FS

jmwills

I installed the Joe Miner dual NIC yesterday and really, the hardest part was getting the card slot fillers out of there. The new Microserver (#2) is going to become a pfSense box if I can round up enough patience.

Joe_Miner

maybe I should do it in a live hangout? Who would want to watch the process?

I have a new gaming build coming up and was thinking about that too Jim. Would anyone be interested in these types of hangouts?

I'm interested but my plate is pretty full for this weekend -- but in general I find them pretty interesting and I always seem to learn new things!

I installed the Joe Miner dual NIC yesterday and really, the hardest part was getting the card slot fillers out of there. The new Microserver (#2) is going to become a pfSense box if I can round up enough patience.

Now you're making me feel like I'm getting a reputation :D That card has really been trouble free --- AND it's fast. I suspect the single Intel NIC (above) is going to be just as good -- I wonder if one could use 2 of the single Intel NIC cards and get the same performance as the 1 dual NIC?

Let us know how the pfSense build goes with the MicroServer -- that should be pretty interesting!

Edited by Joe_Miner

jmwills

I'm taking the afternoon off in anticipation o fhaving to work on Saturday so hopefully I can have it up and running by the time the podcast airs tonight.

Update:

Installed, now for the configuration of the port forwarding.

ikon

Sorry, don't use Hangout.