RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Home Server Show Metro App

Diceis

Home Server Show Metro App  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Will there be or should there be a Home Server Show Metro App ?

• Oooooh Yeeeea
    • Dont Be Silly
    • Cheese Gromit
    • Sounds Interesting
    • Duplicate Post :-(

G. WadeTech

Design:

Are we thinking of a simplistic App where the Metro app is a link to the website in the Metro version of IE? One for the main site (homeservershow.com) and one to the forums (homeservershow.com/forums)?

Or are we thinking of a full Metro wrapper around the site within the application?

• 2 weeks later...
G. WadeTech

Things that we need if this is going to be a community developed application:

• common file storage (like: Source Safe or TFS)
  • design space
  • requirements
  • progress tracking?
  • bug tracking
  • ?

What are you thoughts around this? Should we start this project up in codeplex or something similar to start?

G. WadeTech

I downloaded the RP of Win8 the second it was available and kept this idea in my thoughts as I have been using RP. I am thinking something like the Tom's Hardware Metro Application... what are your thoughts Dave? We are going to need your support and probably some webpage code if we are going to try to do this.

110% onboard.

If you want to use the forums somehow I can provide that. There is a project tracking module I can look at setting up for you. I can also fund what you need to get it rolling and published. Gather your group and message me. You guys rock.

• 2 weeks later...
G. WadeTech

I would like to get a feel for how many people would like to be a part of this. Maybe a mention on the podcast to see what we get for responses if people would use the application(s). I would like to try out the project tracking module to see if it would work. There are many steps to something like this and we will defiantly need a good way to track the steps and progress that is being made. I have been doing a pretty heavy look into what is needed for development and I am reading through the docs. I am a bit let down already because of the use of *.psd files for the templates which only really open in Adobe Photoshop... for get that MS. It should be a MS Blend 4 project to view and work the templates. Enough ranting... Let me know what you think is doable. Thanks Dave.

• 2 weeks later...
G. WadeTech

So, I have not had a lot of time to start looking into this but the couple of hours that I have put in I think that we may be able to utilize the RSS XML with some HTML/JavaScript wrappers to create the Metro App.