RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
dvn

Need help reflashing ATT Galaxy S2 SGH-I777 modem

dvn

Does any know how to flash the modem on a ATT Galaxy S2 SGH-I777 phone? I got cocky androoted the phone and tried out a couple ROMs. When I 'unrooted' the phone and reverted back to a 'stock' ROM, the modem software showed up as the 9100 international version - Baseband version: I9100XXLPR. I can no longer make or receive calls.

I believe the version I need to flash is I777UCKK6. Can anyone help with this? I've been searching but no luck so far. Thanks in advance

dvn

*Looks like I'm in over my head on this one. I'm not having much luck in finding that looks like it might work. Right now I'm making phone calls via Skype til I can get this straightened out. Looks like this is my project for the weekend.

ikon

I'm not in the USA, but I've heard that ATT Tech Support is not completely useless. Maybe you could plead guilty, throw yourself on the mercy of the court, and see if they will help. Can't see you have much to lose.

pcdoc

Does any know how to flash the modem on a ATT Galaxy S2 SGH-I777 phone? I got cocky androoted the phone and tried out a couple ROMs. When I 'unrooted' the phone and reverted back to a 'stock' ROM, the modem software showed up as the 9100 international version - Baseband version: I9100XXLPR. I can no longer make or receive calls.

I believe the version I need to flash is I777UCKK6. Can anyone help with this? I've been searching but no luck so far. Thanks in advance

Rich, I have your solution, buy an iPhone. :D

kcormier

The XDA user community is your friend for all phone flash/modding trials and tribulations.

A quick google find this thread based on like a 5-second search - happy reading/investigation - if there is a solution it is in there somewhere...

Update - as far as I know / have seen, individual modem images are not separately packaged but always part of an overall load.

If so, you should be able to easily reflash the entire AT&T US image from here.

Edited by kcormier

dvn

@pcdoc - thanks for that insight. :)

@kcormier - I've done many 5-second searches. I've run across a number of XDA posts. I've also seen the one you pointed out but but there's a dead link in that post. The site is/was associated with MegaUpload, the site recently taken down (pirating? I assume). XDA may hold the solution, but yes, there's a lot of reading which to me equates to starting down one path, hitting a dead end, backing up and starting over. I've hoping to circumvent that lovely process. :)

dvn

Unfortunately, the 1st two links on this page- http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1381497 -are dead links.

As I admitted, I screwed up and got in over my head with this. Basically what I want to say is this: I'm fairly relentless when it comes to tracking down answers on my own. But I have at least a half dozen hours into this and I don't feel like I'm getting any closer. So any specific help would be greatly appreciated. In the meanttime, I'll try ATT support but I won't be too surprised if they can't or wont help.

kcormier

My apologies - i never followed the links so did not realize they were dead :(

Since you have done rooting/flashing to get into this state, the issue now is to find a workable stock/custom firmware image that has not fallen by the megaupload wayside.

Am sure you've seen them but there are a large number of custom ROMs available here - surely one can make do while you hunt for the official ROM ?

kcormier

Also note that the UCKK6 modem ROM is available here - they are on dropbox and downloadable - I tried.

Now, you just need to figure out how to flash it :)

dvn

Yes, right. I have the bin, now to flash. I wonderif Mobile Odin would do the trick.