RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

NetFlix is locking up

mrossco

I recently built what I fear will be my last dedicated Windows Media Center box. It's a nice little ITX setup in a case no bigger than most Blu-Ray players. Unfortunately, every time my wife and I use NetFlix lately, we have to pay close attention to stop playback at the end of the show/movie. If we let NetFlix play to the end, the screen goes black, the remote becomes unresponsive, and WMC never returns to the NetFlix menu. I usually have to do the 5 sec. power button shuffle or I have to break out the key board, use Ctrl-Alt-Del to bring up the Task Manager and kill WMC.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue, and if so, have you found some way to fix it?

Funny I've been experiencing this exact same issue in media center lately.

I haven't spent any time trying to fix it yet, just been using the netflix app on the TV.

I recently built what I fear will be my last dedicated Windows Media Center box. It's a nice little ITX setup in a case no bigger than most Blu-Ray players. Unfortunately, every time my wife and I use NetFlix lately, we have to pay close attention to stop playback at the end of the show/movie. If we let NetFlix play to the end, the screen goes black, the remote becomes unresponsive, and WMC never returns to the NetFlix menu. I usually have to do the 5 sec. power button shuffle or I have to break out the key board, use Ctrl-Alt-Del to bring up the Task Manager and kill WMC.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue, and if so, have you found some way to fix it?

Send a note to Josh at the digitalmediazone. They addressed this issue and there is a work around but just do not remember what it is.

Thanks, Doc!

I scoured the site, and I did find this post:

http://thedigitalmediazone.com/2011/10/13/netflix-black-screen-fix/

Unfortunately, hitting "stop" doesn't fix it. Instinctively, this is the first solution I tried. Oddly enough, though, a comment on the post his helpful (usually, they aren't). My Brother-In-Law had and issue with his laptop, and encountered some interesting dialog with NetFlix support regarding Silverlight...

I'm going to try to re-install Silverlight and tell it to not auto-update to version 5...I'll post back if it works.

Thanks, Doc!

I scoured the site, and I did find this post:

http://thedigitalmed...ack-screen-fix/

Unfortunately, hitting "stop" doesn't fix it. Instinctively, this is the first solution I tried. Oddly enough, though, a comment on the post his helpful (usually, they aren't). My Brother-In-Law had and issue with his laptop, and encountered some interesting dialog with NetFlix support regarding Silverlight...

I'm going to try to re-install Silverlight and tell it to not auto-update to version 5...I'll post back if it works.

Good thought. Let us know.