RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

WSUS Overdrive

Diceis

Hi all, Im having a slight problem,

I installed WSUS yesterday on my WHS 2011 and selected everything to be syncronised, and I was meant to uncheck drivers and didnt..

I left my server running the syncronisation overnight and when I woke up its downloaded 70GB`s worth of updates :s

I then went into my sync and unchecked Drivers but since its downloaded another 8GB, How can I stop or see what its downloading and

how much is left if I leave it to download.

My ISP wont be pleased :P

Did you specify which OS's for WSUS to check on? If not, in addition to removing the drivers, this should lighten the load a bit.

I unchecked quite a few more, restarted the server and its started downloading already

Edited by Diceis

It's been awhile since I've been into WSUS, but it seems like there was a filter for a time stamp, i.e., tell the server to only download from a certain date forward.

Im at 85GB Now, so ive stopped the WSUS update service. I went into the sync settings and unchecked all but a few OSs and it was still going.

My ISP wont be happy so I might uninstall WSUS and try again when my bandwith has setttles.

Heres a few SS

server2.png

servercf.png

My ISP wont be happy so I might uninstall WSUS and try again when my bandwith has setttles.

Will your ISP cut you off or just charge you extra for 'overage'?

I dont think so :rolleyes: ... im hoping anyway. Ive just posted on the ISP forums asking, so i'll let you know lol :ph34r:

I dont think so :rolleyes: ... im hoping anyway. Ive just posted on the ISP forums asking, so i'll let you know lol :ph34r:

If they would, they would have done so already.

Doesn't that depend on what the cap is?