RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

My WHS, Optimus i7

ImTheTypeOfGuy

Pictures of the recent build. Nothing special except for maybe the hardware. I am known as the real life version of Tim from Tim the toolman. Some of the overkill is because I plan to host a VM of W7 as well.

NZXT Gaming Case (not the one in the pictures)
ULTRA CHILLTEC AM2/775/I7 CPU COOLER
Kingwin LAZER 750w Power Supply 80plus $
2 Hitachi 2TB Serial ATA HD 7200/32MB/SATA-3G
Intel Core i7-920 2.66Ghz 8M LGA1366 CPU
2 OCZ Gold Tri Channel 6144MB PC12800 DDR3 1600MHz
EVGA X58 SLI Intel X58 Socket LGA1366 Motherboard
EVGA GeForce GT 240 512MB DDR5 SuperClocked Ed

http://cid-ec547242952fbf2f.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/Computer%20Build
Sorry for not putting the pictures in this thread. Unfortunately they are too big to display in the thread.

cookiepuss, yes it is very powerful and so nice. It is very nice to be into the connector within a couple seconds. Old server would take 30 seconds minimum. I have debated turning this into my desktop and using an XPS 420 for my server. It is quad core, 3.4 MHz, and can have up to 8 GB's of memory.

usacomp2k3, I only have two 2.0 TB drives in it now. I have three or four .5 to 1.5 TB drives laying around if needed. However, I believe the motherboard has 10 SATA's so I am set for up to 20 TB's without having to add a card. Given I am not a big movie watcher, I will probably never max out the SATA's though. My collections is all of about 6 movies. However, with home video's I guess it could start stretching the requirements. Especially with the new Cannon Vixia HF S11 I have on the way (hd camcorder with up to 24 Mbps).

Case is Lexa S.

I will eventually. I have never overclocked so I havent taken the time to figure it out. One of these days.

What does WHS report the Core i7 920 as?

I have an Intel Core i7 920 on an ASUS P6T Deluxe V1 and 6GB of DDR 1600 RAM. Its over a year old but I also recently built a Lynnfield Core i7 860 on an ASUS P7P55D Pro with 4GB of DDR3 1333.

I

If I remember correctly, the chip is reported as a Pentium 3 because that's the first class of processor that supported both SSE & MMX, both instruction sets which are virtualized and accelerated natively by the VM host.