RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
JerryW

Home Server Status with Peedy

JerryW

So, maybe you don't know, maybe you don't remember, or maybe you don't care. But, if you do, I have been playing around and I made a special version of Home Server Status with Peedy. A Microsoft Agent that is no longer developed but I liked him and thought he was cool. I have put in an option to allow Peedy to come up and present you with the backup status. So without further adieu, here is Peedy!

peedy1.jpg peedy2.jpg

Interested? Let me know. Don't care, that's ok too. This is all in the name of FUN!

L8r,

JerryW

ikon

So, maybe you don't know, maybe you don't remember, or maybe you don't care. But, if you do, I have been playing around and I made a special version of Home Server Status with Peedy. A Microsoft Agent that is no longer developed but I liked him and thought he was cool. I have put in an option to allow Peedy to come up and present you with the backup status. So without further adieu, here is Peedy!

peedy1.jpg peedy2.jpg

Interested? Let me know. Don't care, that's ok too. This is all in the name of FUN!

L8r,

JerryW

uh, no permissio to view la pic-a-chure senior :)

ikon

:D cute :D

JerryW

:D cute :D

and your answer to my original question?

ikon

I'm neither for it nor agin it. If you'll have fun doing it, the go fer it; git 'er dun :)

diehard

interesting, and cute. So is peddy hidden in the OS, or do you have to install the agent ? or did you build it into the addin ?

It would make for a nice Easter Egg option. Have a hidden area to click on to enable it. Good timing since Easter is coming soon. :)

JerryW

interesting, and cute. So is peddy hidden in the OS, or do you have to install the agent ? or did you build it into the addin ?

It would make for a nice Easter Egg option. Have a hidden area to click on to enable it. Good timing since Easter is coming soon. :)

MSAgents use to come built-in. Often never to be programmed into anything. MS discontinued their development. So, in order to add the functionality to Windows 7, You have to install a MS KB, which I have, that enable the underlying functions for Windows 7 32 bit or 64 bit OS. On top of that, one would have to install the Peedy character, which I have. I then programmed into HSS the functionality to allow the user to select alert options from the existing taskbar, tasktray, and now Peedy. Peedy can actually use text-to-speech to announce, verbally, the backup status or you can simply mute the voice and have the character announce the status in a notification balloon. Overkill, I know, and somewhat silly. I just thought it would be a fun additive to the same old day to day boring HSS.

msawyer91

I like the thought of giving this a whirl. What MS KB do I need?

JerryW

I like the thought of giving this a whirl. What MS KB do I need?

Once programmed, I will include all that is needed. Unless your asking because you too would like to play around.