RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
thosj

Prowl error?

thosj

I am somewhat new to HSS. I like it, I have it on 5 clients! So...I never heard of Prowl, but bought it on my iPhone, registered on Prowl site, created a couple keys, one for HSS, one for Home Server Smart. Home Server Smart has a verification button that sends to my phone, that works. But on the clients, with HSS setup for Prowl, I get an error when Prowl tries to send, at least that's what I suspect, I get an error box onscreen. I don't see how to attach a file here or I'd post up a screenshot. It's something about unhandled exception and can't find a file. Do I need Growl installed on clients? I know nothing about all this, but it sounded nice!! I've had the error on a couple clients, I only have the Prowl key entered, and Prowl notifications turned on on two. I don't know when something is trying to send Prowl notifications, so I am not sure what's causing this exception

Sorry for the ignorance.

Tom

JerryW

I am somewhat new to HSS. I like it, I have it on 5 clients! So...I never heard of Prowl, but bought it on my iPhone, registered on Prowl site, created a couple keys, one for HSS, one for Home Server Smart. Home Server Smart has a verification button that sends to my phone, that works. But on the clients, with HSS setup for Prowl, I get an error when Prowl tries to send, at least that's what I suspect, I get an error box onscreen. I don't see how to attach a file here or I'd post up a screenshot. It's something about unhandled exception and can't find a file. Do I need Growl installed on clients? I know nothing about all this, but it sounded nice!! I've had the error on a couple clients, I only have the Prowl key entered, and Prowl notifications turned on on two. I don't know when something is trying to send Prowl notifications, so I am not sure what's causing this exception

Sorry for the ignorance.

Tom

Tom,

I am looking into this now. I will let you know.

JerryW

Tom,

I have located the problem and will be sending out an update, v3.05 in just a few minutes.

Thanks,

Jerry

JerryW

Tom,

v3.05 has been uploaded, with some additional items. Just check for updates.

thosj

Wow, now that's support!! Amazing, I feel bad for only paying $6.95 for this. Thanks Jerry.

JerryW

Thanks and spread the word to all of your WHS friends who are not using HSS.

msawyer91

Thanks for fixing this Jerry. That was indeed fast. I need to get this reloaded on my laptop. I just reinstalled the Connector and the stupid thing is still complaining, yet again, that I have a new hard drive that needs to be backed up. Are there any WHS 2011 MVPs who have an "inside track" to Microsoft? They really need to get that fixed. It seems the last batch of Updates Tuesday patches cleaned up all my monitoring errors but the new hard drive warning persists.

Of course that's not at all an issue with HSS. Just Microsoft. Again.

JerryW

Thanks for fixing this Jerry. That was indeed fast. I need to get this reloaded on my laptop. I just reinstalled the Connector and the stupid thing is still complaining, yet again, that I have a new hard drive that needs to be backed up. Are there any WHS 2011 MVPs who have an "inside track" to Microsoft? They really need to get that fixed. It seems the last batch of Updates Tuesday patches cleaned up all my monitoring errors but the new hard drive warning persists.

Of course that's not at all an issue with HSS. Just Microsoft. Again.

Thanks, Matt.. I try!