RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Upgrading Marvell controller drivers on HP EX475

tillig

I'm curious if anyone has updated their Marvell SATA controller drivers, and, if so, to what version.

I added an eSATA port multiplier to my HP EX475 and installed PerfectDisk for defrag. After running defrag (or while running defrag) the server stops responding. Rebooting and logging in, I see a bunch of errors in the error log, some of which have to do with the Marvell controller in the EX475. Contacting support for PerfectDisk and the port multiplier, they think upgrading my Marvell drivers would be good, but it's not supported.

I found this article from a guy who's done the update, but I'm curious if anyone else has done this. Also, that article points out an older driver version than the current; if you've updated, which version did you use?

Great link, thanks! Looks like that article and the one I found are both using version 1.2.0.57 of the Marvell drivers.

Another thing I'm wondering about - anyone who's done the upgrade to v3 of the HP MediaSmart software... are there new drivers included on there?