RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
mattd390

$179.99 HP Microserver is back!

ikon

I also discovered (after a couple glasses of wine) that while my 2011 VM was moving ~200GB of data over my network with Allway Sync and I had IE10 in W8 VM open to the HSS live cast full screen and I wen to XP VM had it do a search for Windows updates while opening IE8 -- the live stream on IE8 full screen was a little choppy -- who would have thought it :)

Unacceptable performance! You should throw that microserver in the trash (I hear jazzerjay has a nice, big trash can you could throw it into). :rolleyes:

Joe_Miner

Unacceptable performance! You should throw that microserver in the trash (I hear jazzerjay has a nice, big trash can you could throw it into). :rolleyes:

I'm not saying it is and I'm not saying it isn't but the wine may have been a contributing factor :)

More research!

ikon

I'm not saying it is and I'm not saying it isn't but the wine may have been a contributing factor :)

More research!

"Waiter, I have to do more research - bring me more wine, immediately!" :D

jazzerjay

@ikon, I hope you're not referring to our beloved monument aka The Grand Canyon for which I have never been? I hear it's lovely and it's a big ole ditch. I've lived in Phoenix since 1994 and still have no desire to drive up to see it. However, I am apparently beginning the "hoarding" stage of my mid-life crisis by purchasing my second N40l, so one never knows. :)

@Joe_Miner I completely agree! Great little box. Luckily I recalled Diehard's forum post on running V1 on this little bugger so that I may reclaim that what has been lost.

jmwills

You could run V1 and make your 2011 box a client of this new V1 box, or at least I think it will work. However, I think I am going to try the StableBit software since it went final. Run either Storage Server Essentials or another 2011.

jazzerjay

You could run V1 and make your 2011 box a client of this new V1 box, or at least I think it will work. However, I think I am going to try the StableBit software since it went final. Run either Storage Server Essentials or another 2011.

That would be interesting to try.

Joe_Miner

So... he could go both ways! V1 and 2011

If you haven't tried it yet -- I'm using Allway Sync to keep my V1 and my 2011 in sync -- basically making my 2011 a backup of my V1.

ikon

If you haven't tried it yet -- I'm using Allway Sync to keep my V1 and my 2011 in sync -- basically making my 2011 a backup of my V1.

OMG Joe, you're almost 'clustering' :D

jazzerjay

Tracking shows mine being delivered tomorrow yet arrived in Phoenix yesterday? I mean there was crazy snow dropped over the weekend, so perhaps my UPS driver knew I needed to get that server as soon as possible. Maybe he thought, forget the overtime, forget the lack of personal rest, forget the mandatory 12 maximum driving time, Jay NEEDS this server! DAMN the torpedoes!

ahem...maybe it will come today.

ikon

Tracking shows mine being delivered tomorrow yet arrived in Phoenix yesterday? I mean there was crazy snow dropped over the weekend, so perhaps my UPS driver knew I needed to get that server as soon as possible. Maybe he thought, forget the overtime, forget the lack of personal rest, forget the mandatory 12 maximum driving time, Jay NEEDS this server! DAMN the torpedoes!

ahem...maybe it will come today.

perhaps you should talk to someone about that Napoleon complex :D