RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
Tino

Registration issue on one machine

Tino

Hi Jerry,

I have 4 machines that are routinely backed up by WHS 2011 and onto which I have HSS 3.0.3.0 installed. All of them are Windows 7 machines (2 x Home Premium (1 of which is 32bit) and 2 x Professional (both 64bit)).

On one of the machines (x64 Professional) I register HSS and every so often it de-registers itself and will not stay registered. I have no idea why this is the case and so would appreciate some advice on how to fix it. The machine was only recently installed from scratch so I don't think there is any issue with Windows 7 components. Everything else on the machine works perfectly.

Many thanks

Tino

jmwills

HSS 3.0.3.0 is what? Now I see , said the blind man!

JerryW

Hi Jerry,

I have 4 machines that are routinely backed up by WHS 2011 and onto which I have HSS 3.0.3.0 installed. All of them are Windows 7 machines (2 x Home Premium (1 of which is 32bit) and 2 x Professional (both 64bit)).

On one of the machines (x64 Professional) I register HSS and every so often it de-registers itself and will not stay registered. I have no idea why this is the case and so would appreciate some advice on how to fix it. The machine was only recently installed from scratch so I don't think there is any issue with Windows 7 components. Everything else on the machine works perfectly.

Many thanks

Tino

I must say this is a first. I cannot think of anything off the top of my head that would cause this. I can tell you that Home Server Status (HSS) has no command within its programming to remove the registration key or delete the settings.xml file found within the following folder: c:\programdata\homer server status. Do you loose any other settings? When this happens, check and see if the settings.xml file is still there. Logic would dictate, the fact this behavior has only occurs on one machine out of four, means the problem has to be on that specific machine. However, you have denoted that the machine is from scratch. So, we will play it by ear and see what we figure out.

Tino

Right then. Just un-installed version 3.0.4.0 that wouldn't stay registered and installed 3.0.5.0. I have now registered it and will report back on whether the issue is fixed.

Cheers

Tino