RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
ikon

Gigapan EPIC anyone?

ikon

Anyone used a Gigapan EPIC pano robot?

I'm looking at getting a Gigapan EPIC Pro to take very hi-res panoramas. I'm even considering doing HDR hi-res panos. By hi-res, I mean panos of 150+ 18Mpxl shots stitched together. Many of them would actually have 200+ shots. Then, to do HDR, each shot would be repeated at least 3 times to get the exposure bracketing.

freeserv

Anyone used a Gigapan EPIC pano robot?

I'm looking at getting a Gigapan EPIC Pro to take very hi-res panoramas. I'm even considering doing HDR hi-res panos. By hi-res, I mean panos of 150+ 18Mpxl shots stitched together. Many of them would actually have 200+ shots. Then, to do HDR, each shot would be repeated at least 3 times to get the exposure bracketing.

Hey ikon, this is quite an old thread which I only saw now.

Interested to hear about your gigapixel panoramas. I also shoot and edit these on a daily basis - #fulltimejob.

average size is 20gigapixels, biggest project to date is 160 gigapixels 2000+ images...

ikon

For various reasons I ended up not buying a EPIC. I've done a couple of handheld panos (manually panning the camera left to right, taking around 5 - 7 shots) but nothinag like the ones on Gigapan.