RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Start Button Functionality for Windows 8

jmwills

Installed it on mine and it at least gets me going quicker.....patience is on short supply these days!

I downloaded Start8 and ViStart but I'm going to hold off on installing either of them for now. I really want to give Metro a fair trial. MS has taken a very bold step with Metro and I want to give it every chance to win me over, if for no other reason, because I want to encourage MS to continue taking bold steps.

After messing with the preview, not sure I want the start button back. I would rather have a nice way to customize the tiles.

I downloaded Start8 and ViStart but I'm going to hold off on installing either of them for now. I really want to give Metro a fair trial. MS has taken a very bold step with Metro and I want to give it every chance to win me over, if for no other reason, because I want to encourage MS to continue taking bold steps.

I agree.

I'm thinking that if you want all the Windows 7 stuff, then stick with Windows 7, it's a great product. Vista was the big change from XP but it was version 1.0 Windows 7 fixed all the bugs and became version 2.0 It's a mature product and could very well be the next XP where it will be the default OS for businesses for the next 15 years as was XP.

The thing with the Metro apps is that they are really early beta versions and something completely new to code for. So it seems to be giving Windows 8 a unsatisfactory experience.

I hope the developers get on board and start coding some excellent apps. I hope to see Microsoft come out with Office15 Metro and Live Essentials Metro.

Drop your own shortcuts into a customizable App would be nice. But for now, I'm sticking with the shortcut.

I hope the developers get on board and start coding some excellent apps. I hope to see Microsoft come out with Office15 Metro and Live Essentials Metro.

You know what I keep thinking/wondering about diehard - what will Adobe Creative Suite: Metro Edition look and feel like? :D