RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Start Button Functionality for Windows 8

jmwills

• 2 weeks later...
Guest no-control

Dumb. If you prefer the older style OS interface use the older OS, for its interface! This reminds me back when people would force XP to look like 95.

Edited by no-control

I'm not really disagreeing with you no-control but, to be fair to the people who don't want the new interface, there may be features of the new OS they do want; they just don't want to learn a new GUI. It's not the way I roll, but I know it is for some.

Guest no-control

I know I'm alone in my steadfast stance that people need to deal with change, it happens, get over it. Do you know how many people I run into that bitch n moan over the ribbon in office? If you're a "Power User" act like one and and learn to power use the new interface. /rant

I installed it because the only instance I have of Win8 is running in a VM and I lose some screen real estate. A 15" screen quickly becomes a 13".

I know I'm alone in my steadfast stance that people need to deal with change, it happens, get over it. Do you know how many people I run into that bitch n moan over the ribbon in office? If you're a "Power User" act like one and and learn to power use the new interface. /rant

I don't rant about it but I also agree that change is good and needs to be embraced... well, unless it truly is lousy change, but that doesn't happen all that often.