RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

4 TB Hitachi Hard Drive $319

jazzerjay

jmwills

I wish it was $100~ One does me no good, at least this may drive down some of the pricing for the 3TB drives.

jazzerjay

That's a bit pricey for me as well. Maybe $200? 4TB is so much data that I'm not sure I would be able to put my trust into a single entity. Then again, I would buy two for a mirror or 3 for RAID-5, but now I'm just being silly.

Joe_Miner

That's a bit pricey for me as well. Maybe $200? 4TB is so much data that I'm not sure I would be able to put my trust into a single entity. Then again, I would buy two for a mirror or 3 for RAID-5, but now I'm just being silly.

Jay -- I know you want it -- can't you hear your MicroServer calling for some 4TB drives.........

You could move your OS drive up to the ODD bay and have 4 bays below to fill with these monsters -- 4 bays, 4TB drives, has a certain symmetry :)

Jay -- I know you want it -- can't you hear your MicroServer calling for some 4TB drives.........

You could move your OS drive up to the ODD bay and have 4 bays below to fill with these monsters -- 4 bays, 4TB drives, has a certain symmetry :)

For sure. He'd have a 4x4 :D