RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Cannot get the pc restore to load 32 bit Drivers

linearg

Just like the title says I have a Gigabyte E350n Zacate board Win 7 Professional 64 bit, Wanted to do a restore but it refuses to load the 32 bit drivers. It says it has found the drivers on a usb stick but the nic never lights up thus cannot find server and no restore. Any suggestions, I have done this many times but this is real fustrating.

Had this issue allot in V1. It was always a trick to get the right drivers. Finally I found the tranquil site which has all drivers in one package and that fixed it. You might give these a try. You might think you have the right drivers however they may not work with V1.

http://usingwindowshomeserver.com/2010/03/30/where-to-locate-hardware-drivers-with-windows-home-server/

Had this issue allot in V1. It was always a trick to get the right drivers. Finally I found the tranquil site which has all drivers in one package and that fixed it. You might give these a try. You might think you have the right drivers however they may not work with V1.

http://usingwindowsh...ws-home-server/

The odd thing is he says he's done a ton of restores without issue. What's changed? I suggested doing on another machine to see if it's that particular computer.

The odd thing is he says he's done a ton of restores without issue. What's changed? I suggested doing on another machine to see if it's that particular computer.

I was assuming that being a Zacate it was a new system therefore a new driver. I guess we need clarification. Good point.

I was assuming that being a Zacate it was a new system therefore a new driver. I guess we need clarification. Good point.

Agreed. linearg, have you done restores using the Zacate mobo before?

No this is the first for this machine but it uses the same nic as all my other Gigabyte boards. I gave up and reinstalled windows and moved my data over from the server. After doing some searching I found this, wondeering if anyone has tried it.

If the driver is not installed or recognized try this:

Continue past the driver install windows and proceed to the Restore Wizard.

Restore Wizard will be looking for your server but since there is no network = no server.

Click on the Question Mark (?)in the window to get help.

Once you are in the help window, right click on the large right hand side window of the help screen > click View Source > this will open notepad > do not bother what's in the notepad > open file in Notepad > Navigate to setup.exe file for the Vista Drivers (see Ps.) > right click on setup.exe and run as administrator > drivers get installed > search again for WHS (you might have to restart your WHS here). If you get any error messages for the driver install one can easily try other drivers from the USB.

Ps.

1. Once you are in Notepad > open file, make sure you tick to view all files otherwise you will only see text files.

2. During my first trial of this method, I tried to install Win 7 drivers but an error showed up. Then I tried the 32 bit Vista drivers and the driver was installed neatly as where after the LAN light showed up and WHS was found.