RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
jimmer

Highpoint RR Web Raid Management

ikon

The smart setting is not in the new version (not sure why) so you did not miss anything. Most advanced format drives will default to 512B and you can only change it when you create it. That said, use the default as you will find that if you expand your array it will change it to 512B and you can not control that. It will then take twice as long to expand when it changes the sector size.

So, in other words, "Don't worry.... be happy" :)

jimmer

Thank you pcdoc! jim

pcdoc

We are all here to help.

ImTheTypeOfGuy

PMFBI, but I suspect WD did the 512e because they had too many support issues with the EARS drives.

You must be a texter. You are always using abreviations and I never know what they are. What the heck is PMFBI?

ikon

Actually, I virtually never text :) In any case, PMFBI=Pardon Me For Butting In.

ImTheTypeOfGuy

Actually, I virtually never text :) In any case, PMFBI=Pardon Me For Butting In.

But "physically" you obviously do. ;)

ikon

But "physically" you obviously do. ;)

yuk yuk. I'm really bad in that I hardly ever tweet, and I've sent maybe 2 dozen texts on my BlackBerry in all the time I've had it (and most of those to my son & daughter).

alfredborges

Hello, having problems with installing the HighPoint Web Managments application.

First the Card is installed and I have a working raid 5 array. I used drive manager to do this.

installed both the supplied version of HighPoint Web Management app, as well as the updated version from their website.

Seems to install okay but it give me an error message saying that it cant install the webpage.

using the defauts.

Can someone point me to the answer ?

thanks

pcdoc

Hello, having problems with installing the HighPoint Web Managments application.

First the Card is installed and I have a working raid 5 array. I used drive manager to do this.

installed both the supplied version of HighPoint Web Management app, as well as the updated version from their website.

Seems to install okay but it give me an error message saying that it cant install the webpage.

using the defauts.

Can someone point me to the answer ?

thanks

Need a bit more information. Can you get a screen capture of error or start page.

jmwills

If you are running this on a server platform, make sure you disable the IE Security Enhanced Configuration for the account you are using. Just a guess as this may be the issue.