RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
jmwills

HP Microserver

jazzerjay

I see another one is thinking of ESXi clustering.

Joe...you must not speak to me during meditation. I must use all three cells of the brain to stop my hand from entering the numbers. Besides...ESXi is what I do to buy such things.

diehard

I was thinking we should get a few interested guys together and chat about ESXi on the Microserver on a Google Circle for a future Rich's Random Podcast. What do you think ? Do you have a headset ? What's the best day and time to record ? Usually it's on the weekend.

jmwills

I should have one by this time next week.

Joe_Miner

Joe...you must not speak to me during meditation. I must use all three cells of the brain to stop my hand from entering the numbers. Besides...ESXi is what I do to buy such things.

For that price you could slap in a SSD for your OS and still have the ODD drive bay and the main four drive bay free to fill -- I see no down side to this :) except for the response from the finance director when the box arrives :)

I was thinking we should get a few interested guys together and chat about ESXi on the Microserver on a Google Circle for a future Rich's Random Podcast. What do you think ? Do you have a headset ? What's the best day and time to record ? Usually it's on the weekend.

I'd be interested. Saturday is not good this weekend. Maybe Sunday (the 26th) afternoon? March 2-3 are both good.

jmwills

And who did I call a bad influence?

Finance Director? Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!

Joe_Miner

And who did I call a bad influence?

Finance Director? Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!

Admiral Farragut - Mobile Bay. Words still appropriate.

Edited by Joe_Miner

jazzerjay

For that price you could slap in a SSD for your OS and still have the ODD drive bay and the main four drive bay free to fill -- I see no down side to this :) except for the response from the finance director when the box arrives

I'd be interested. Saturday is not good this weekend. Maybe Sunday (the 26th) afternoon? March 2-3 are both good.

But I already HAVE one Joe. (Still debating though)

Of course with two in a cluster, you'd have to use vCenter and now you're talking $$$ or a rebuild every 60 days. (I had to remove the emoticons)

Edited by jazzerjay

Joe_Miner

But I already HAVE one Joe. (Still debating though)

Of course with two in a cluster, you'd have to use vCenter and now you're talking $$$ or a rebuild every 60 days. (I had to remove the emoticons)

I love this ESXi talk :)

jmwills

Or you could just cluster the clients for free.......just saying.

jazzerjay

Or you could just cluster the clients for free.......just saying.

??? Now you got me interested.

BTW...they are sold out.

Edited by jazzerjay