RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Amazon.ca: RocketRaid 2720SGL $83.99

kcormier

For other Canucks out there looking into a RAID setup, pretty good deal (cables are cheap as well when Amazon.ca has in stock).

Paid $105 for same card two weeks ago plus $15/cable - thought that was a good deal then.

Not sure why things are so much cheaper (as compared to US) but I'm not complaining either :).

Edited by kcormier

This was Amazon.ca Will they ship south of the border?

The best you can do is put 1 in your cart and try to check out - it will tell you if it can't ship to your address. My guess is most likely it will say 'no'. For example, I can't buy a Kindle Touch 3G, and lots of other stuff, in Canada.

Almost pulled the trigger, but then I remembered Storage Spaces is coming in Server 8 and decided not to buy.

I think it will remain to be seen whether Storage Spaces is going to be a better solution. It will certainly be more flexible, but not necessarily better. I want to see it first.

Absolutely. But I will wait to see Storage Spaces before shelling out for a new RAID card, mostly because I believe it's going to be released much sooner than many seem to think.

"Cannot be shipped to this address" C'mon Zadler.....need a hook me up!

Yeah, kinda figured. It seems they won't ship stuff to a country if it's available on that country's own Amazon site. That said, there's still a ton of stuff they won't to ship to Canada even if it isn't available on amazon.ca. It sux :P