RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Moving V1 from 1T to SSD 60. Steps on doing this.

mailman1988

My V1 WHS Drive0 is a 1T Seagate. Partitioned as 20g and 980g.

What I was thinking of doing was to tell the system to Deactivate the 'D' drive and let WHS move the data to the other drives ( I have plenty of room). Then I could clone the 20G OS to my SSD.

Should I do this?

Is this a good way of doing this?

What do I do with the other 40G on the SSD. Do I leave it unpartitioned or use it?

PC Doc has used Acronis True Image for this with very good success, Search the forums and ye shall find. I believe the version he was using was a free on also. The only caveat I remember from the post was to watch the amount of space allocated to the system reserved partition. They have to match and Acronis wants to do its own thing with regards to this.

You are all correct, TI 2012, it is not free, and it is SSD aware. Works very well for the job. Just used it again the other day for cloning another SSD.

I'm good with the cloning.

What about my other questions I posted?

"...tell the system to Deactivate the 'D' drive and let WHS move the data to the other drives ( I have plenty of room)."? Is this safe?

"What do I do with the other 40G on the SSD. Do I leave it unpartitioned or use it?"

Thanks